In obedience to God, Operation Care International facilitates worldwide opportunities to experience the love of Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal life.
OCI goes beyond its vision statement. OCI’s founder, board members and other key contributors are continually challenged to move forward in faith and obedience to pray and seek God’s face as they build into His kingdom by ministering to those in need worldwide. It is not about numbers, although our Lord has certainly drawn thousands of people to the OCI ministry for help and to help.
Throughout our history, OCI has been privileged to witness the power of God to set an individual free from the destructive control of sin, literally changing, or transforming a life. Hence, our motto has been shaped by these victories, “Changing Lives, Changing the World”.
More than a decade ago, OCI adopted Proverbs 19:17 as its charge, “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, [and He will reward him for what he has done.”] (NIV)
Prayer and evangelism are the heart of our the ministry. Foot washing is our trademark. Just as our Lord Jesus humbled himself and washed the feet of His disciples, we strive to follow His example.
Why the focus on children? First and foremost, Jesus Christ had a special place in His ministry for children. Secondly, children are most at risk having no coping skills to deal with the external destructive forces of everyday living. And finally, they grasp the value of the gift of Salvation. Often within hours of their profession of faith, they begin to witness to other family members including mothers and fathers about their newfound joy.
Jesus’ last words before returning to heaven sums up our mission, “Go to the people of all nations and make them My disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:19-20) (CEV).
Our vision is to encompass the following:
1. To have a one-day Birthday Party for Jesus where the guests are the homeless and impoverished children, a “Christmas Gift” event in every major city in the United States and even internationally.
2. To support a “Christmas Gift” event in every major city in the United States and even internationally
3. To launch a mobile medical assessment clinic, the “Mercy Bus”, to reach those who reside on the streets, under the bridges and byways of Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.
4. To partner with appropriate support ministries and agencies serving the homeless with the goal of connecting men, women and children to the Lord and the society.
5. Not to limit God with our earthbound thinking and explore the possibilities that a wise and merciful King has in store for those obedient to His greatest commands, “You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.” and His second is equally important, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Luke 10:27) (NLT)
We seek God’s direction in all things. We are mere humans. Our understanding and wisdom come from God. We practice Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths.” (NLT)