Time and Date:
Saturday, December 17,2016. Please try to arrive no later than 7:00 AM. Estimated ending time is 3:00 PM. Any time you have to contribute is greatly appreciated. If you have not registered to serve at the event, please go to this link for individual registration, and this link for group registration.
Event orientation occurs at 2 times Saturday morning. Session # 1 starts at 7:00 am and Session # 2 starts at 8:00 am. SINGLE ADULTS will meet in Section D and FAMILIES will meet in Section F. Both sessions effectively cover the same material.
What to do before event training:
- Gather Guest information on Survey(linked to the right). Guests will fill-out front of survey. Volunteers will be introduced to guest and be seated in assembly area. Volunteer will check the spiritual condition of the guest or family by asking questions from the survey and recording answers. Be sure to write guest’s name at the top of the survey.
- All evangelism volunteers must record information “FOR EVANGELISM VOLUNTEER USE ONLY” and record
number of salvations in the upper right hand corner. Tear survey along perforation and give to guest “LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION.” Escort guest to HELPS area if needed and take guest to exit and deposit results in box
- Study Evangelism Survey. This is on the inside of the form. Each guest will bring survey with them. Others
before you will have assisted our guests in filling out the form. Your job is to pray for guests and present the gospel. Please become familiar with it between now and Saturday. This is the most important thing you will be
- Please look over Gospel presentation in English.
OCI Volunteer Evangelism Instructions Audio
7:00AM: Registration, see Floor Plan for location. This is where you pick up your name tag if you have pre-
registered. If have not pre-registered, this is where you register and get your name badge. This is also where
you turn in your signed Statement of Faith.
7:00-7:30 AM: Orientation/Training Sessions # 1 – see Floor Plan for location. Single Adult Evangelism
Team members assemble in the Evangelism – Section D.
7:00-7:30 AM:Orientation/Training Sessions # 1 – see Floor Plan for location. Family Evangelism Team
members assemble in the “Evangelism – Section F.
8:00-8:15 AM: Orientation/Training Sessions # 2 – same material covered and same location as Session #
1, only difference is the timing.
8:30 AM -3:00 PM – Guests arrive and evangelism work begins.
See Parking and Convention Site Plan for options. Volunteer Parking options. Please plan to arrive at
your parking spot by 6:45 am. You might also consider taking the DART rail which drops off at the other end of
the convention center, although you would have to check DART for time schedules. Both the DART Red and
Blue lines come to the Dallas Convention (Union Station). Convention parking will open at 5:30 AM.
What to wear:
We will be indoors but getting from your car to the entry will likely require a coat (check
forecast as we approach the time). We are asking you to wear a red shirt or red jacket or red sweatshirt so
you will be identified as a volunteer. You may purchase the official OCI red tee shirts when you arrive at the
Registration area for $10 depending on size. See Dress Code for the official event dress code.
What else to bring:
- Please bring some pens and a clip board.
- Complete Integrity Pledge & Waiver and turn it in when you pick up your name badge at Registration.
- Also please consider bringing a $10 (or greater) love offering (given at registration) to help OCI meet the
budget (cash or check).